CBSE Class 10 Maths Circles Chapter 10 MCQ
CBSE CLASS 10 MATHEMATICS / MCQ
Multiple Choice Questions / CIRCLES – Chapter 10
1. A ———- is a collection of all points in a plane which are at a constant distance (radius) from a fixed point (centre).
2. A ——– to a circle is a line that intersects the circle at only one point.
3. There is only ———- tangent at a point of the circle.
4. The common point of the tangent and the circle is called the —————-
A. point of intersection
B. point of contact
C. point of view
5. The tangent at any point of a circle is ———— to the radius through the point of contact.
6. The lengths of tangents drawn from an external point to a circle are ———
7. How many tangents can a circle have?
8. A tangent to a circle intersects it in —— points.
9. A line intersecting a circle in two points is called a ————-
10. A circle can have —————– parallel tangents at the most.
11. The tangents drawn at the extremities of the diameter of a circle are ——
12. Number of tangents to a circle which are parallel to a secant is ————-
13. The distance between two parallel tangents of a circle of radius 5 cm is —————–
A. 5 cm
B. 10 cm
14. ———— is a line through point of contact and passing through centre of circle.
15. Number of tangents to a circle which are parallel to a secant is ————-
4. Point of contact
13. 10 cm