Long and Short – Chapter 2.
MODEL QUESTIONS FOR CLASS 4 MATHEMATICS
Long and Short – Chapter 2
1. Arun ran 3500 metres and Arjun ran 3 km 250m. Who ran more and by how much?
2. The distance from Anu’s home to school is 2 km 50m. If she walks both morning and evening in a day, how much distance she walked in one day?
3. Manu travels a distance of 35km 600m by car and 17km 400m by bus. How much distance does he travel together?
4. The length of an eraser is 2.5 cm. What will be the length of 5 such erasers?
5. Jhumpa once read a list of the tallest people in the world. One of them was 272 cm tall. That is just double of Jhumpa’s height. How tall is Jhumpa?
6. If the height of a father is 174 cm and son is 93 cm. What is the difference between their heights?
7. Dhanu has the longest jump of 3 metres 40 cm. Gurjeet is second. His jump is 20 cm less than Dhanu’s. Gopi comes third. His jump is only 5 cm less than Gurjeet’s jump.How long are Gurjeet’s and Gopi’s jump?
8. Devi Prasad has to run 2 km every day to stay fit. He took one round of a square field of length 500m. How far did he run?
9. Momun comes to school from very far. He first walks about 400m to the pond. With slippers in his hands; he then walks 150m through the pond. Next he runs across the 350m wide green field. Then he carefully crosses the 40m wide road to reach his school.
a) How much does Momun walk every day to reach school?
b) Is it more than 1 km?
10. Anu bought 12m 75 cm red lace, 43m 25cm green lace and 15m 25cm blue lace. Find the total length of the lace she bought?
1. Arun ran 3500metres = 3 km 500m
Arjun ran 3 km 250m.
Here Arun ran more.
Difference = 3 km 500m – 3 km 250m = 250m more.
2. Distance from Anu’s home to school = 2 km 50m
Distance travelled in one day = 2 km 50m + 2 km 50m = 4 km 100m.
3. Distance travelled by car = 35 km 600m
Distance travelled by bus = 17 km 400m
Total distance travelled = 35 km 600m + 17km 400m = 52 km 1000m = 53 km.
4. The length of an eraser = 2.5 cm
Length of 5 such erasers = 2.5 x 5 = 12.5 cm.
5. Height of tallest person = 272 cm
So Jhumpas height = ½ of 272 = 136 cm.
6. Height of father = 174 cm
Height of son = 93 cm
Difference = 174 – 93 = 81 cm.
7. Gurjeet’s jump = Dhanu’s jump – 20 cm
= 3m 40 cm – 20 cm
= 3m 20 cm.
Gopi’s jump = Gurjeet’s jump – 5 cm
= 3 m 20cm – 5 cm
= 3m 15 cm.
8. We know that 1000 m = 1 km
Length of the square field = 500m
Distance he ran = 500 m + 500m + 500m + 500m = 2000m = 2km.
9. a) Total distance walked every day = 400 + 150 + 350 + 40 = 940 m.
b) Since 940 < 1000, it is not more than 1 km.
10. Length of red lace = 12m 75 cm
Length of green lace = 43m 25cm
Length of blue lace = 15m 25 cm
Total length of lace = 12m 75 cm + 43 m 25cm + 15m 25 cm = 70m 125 cm
= 71m 25cm.