Tables and Shares – NCERT Class 4 Solutions
Chapter 11 of NCERT / CBSE Class 4 Maths is about tables and shares. Here in this lesson you can find practice problems for this chapter.
NCERT SOLUTIONS FOR CLASS 4 MATHEMATICS
Tables and Shares – Chapter 11/ Part 2.
Answer the following:
- A family of 8 people needs 60 kg wheat for a month. How much wheat does this family need for a week?
Quantity of wheat needed for one month = 60 kg
We can consider 30 days are there in one month.
Therefore, wheat required for one day = 60/30 = 2 kg
We know that 7 days are there in one week.
Quantity of wheat needed for one week = 7 x 2 = 14 kg.
- Razla wants change for Rs 500. How many notes will she get if she wants in return
a) All 100 rupee notes?
b) All 50 rupee notes?
c) All 20 rupee notes?
d) All 5 rupee notes?
- You have to distribute 72 tomatoes equally in 3 baskets. How many tomatoes will there be in each?
Total number of tomatoes = 72
Number of baskets = 3
Number of tomatoes in each basket = 72 divided by 3 = 24.
- There are 350 bricks in a hand cart. Binod found the weight of a brick to be 2 kg. What will be the weight of all the bricks?
Total number of bricks = 350
Weight of each brick = 2 kg
Total weight of all the bricks = 350 x 2 = 700 kg.
- Meera made 204 candles to sell in the market. She makes packets of 6.
a)How many packets will she make?
b) If she packs them in packets of 12, then how many packets will she make?
Total number of candles = 204
a) Number of candles in one packet = 6
Number of packets needed = 204 divided by 6 = 34
b) Number of candles in one packet = 12
Number of packets needed = 204 divided by 12 = 17