Class 5 Maths Ways To Multiply And Divide Extra Questions For Exam
IMPORTANT QUESTIONS FOR CBSE EXAMINATION | CLASS 5 MATHEMATICS | WAYS TO MULTIPLY AND DIVIDE – Lesson 13
Answer the following (2 mark):
1. Sohan drinks 8 glasses of water every day.
a) How many glasses will he drink in one month?
b) How many glasses will he drink in one year?
2. A traveler can seat 18 passengers. What would be the total capacity of 25 such buses?
3. A milk booth sells 350 liters of milk in a day. How many liters of milk it will sell in 5 years?
4. Venu donated 9700 rupees to the flood relief fund. Renu donated 2 times that amount. How much did they donate together?
5. The cost of 125 kg apples is 10625 rupees. What will be the cost of 1 kg apples?
6. A company produces 1450 television sets in a month. How many TV sets will be produced in one year?
7. There are 48074 books in a library. These books are arranged in 13 shelves. How many books will be there in each shelf?
8. The product of two numbers is 11520.If one number is 256, what will be the other number?
9. Manu had 1000 rupees with him. If one kg rice cost is 38 rupees, how many kg of rice can he buy?
10. If the cost of one pressure cooker is 1875 rupees, what will be the cost of one dozen such pressure cookers?
1. Number of glasses of water drank every day = 8
a) Number of glasses of glasses of water will drink in one month = 30 x 8 = 240 glasses
b) Number of glasses of water will drink in one year = 365 x 8 = 2920 glasses
2. Number of passengers in a traveler = 18
Total capacity of 25 such buses = 25 x 18 = 450 glasses.
3. Amount of milk sold in one day = 350 litres
Amount of milk sold in one year = 365 x 350 = 127750 litres
Amount of milk sold in 5 years = 127750 x 5 = 638750 litres
4. Money donated by Venu = 9700 rupees
Money donated by Renu = 9700 x 2 = 19400 rupees
Money they donated together = 19400 + 9700 = 29100 rupees.
5. Cost of 125 kg apples = 10625 rupees
Cost of 1kg apples = 10625 /125 = 85 rupees
6. Number of TV sets produced in one month=1450
Number of TV sets produced in one year = 1450 x 12 = 17400
7. Number of books in a library = 48074
Number of shelves =13
Number of books in each shelf = 48074/13= 3698.
8. The product of two numbers = 11520
One number = 256
Other number = 11520/256= 45
9. Amount that Manu had = 1000 rupees
Cost of 1 kg rice = 38 rupees
Quantity of rice that can buy for 1000 rupees = 1000/38 = 26 kg
10. Cost of one pressure cooker = 1875
Cost of one dozen pressure cooker = 1875 x 12 = 22500 rupees.