CBSE Class 8 Mathematics Worksheets/Part 4/Yearly Examination
CBSE Class 8 Mathematics Worksheets is about some model questions that you can expect for class 8 Mathematics. Here you can find out practice problems for class 8 Mathematics.
CBSE CLASS 8 MATHEMATICS WORKSHEETS/Part 4/Yearly Examination
Model Questions for Yearly Examination
Fill in the blanks:
- If 2x -5 = 9, the value of x is ———————
- If a number has 2 or 8 in the ones place, then their square ends in ————
- Marked Price – Selling Price = —————–
- The side of a square whose area is 49 square metres is ————–
- 1 cubic metre = ———— litre
Answer the following:
- A table marked at 15000 rupees is available for 14400 rupees. Find the discount given and the discount per cent?
- The cost of a pair of roller skates at a shop was 450 rupees. The sales tax charged was 5%. Find the bill amount?
- Classify the following polynomials as monomials, binomials, trinomials.
a + b + c, 3x, 4y -3x, 5abc, xy + yz + xz, 6z -3zx
- The measures of two adjacent angles of a parallelogram are in the ratio 4:5. Find the measure of each of the angles of the parallelogram?
- The area of a rhombus is 180 square cm. If one of the diagonals measures 18 cm, find the length of the other diagonal?
- 7 m
- 1000 litre
- Discount = Marked Place – Sale Price = 15000 – 14400 = 600 rupees
Discount% = (600 x 100%)/15000 = 4%
- On 100 rupees, the tax paid was 5 rupees
On 450 rupees, the tax paid would be (5 x 450)/100 = 22.50 rupees
Bill amount = Cost of item + Sales tax = 450 + 22.50 = 472.50 rupees
- Monomials are 3x and 5abc
Binomials are 4y – 3x and 6z – 3zx
Trinomials are a + b + c and xy + yz + xz
- Total measure of two adjacent angles of a parallelogram is 180 degrees.
Given ratio is 4:5
Sum of the parts = 4 + 5 = 9
Therefore each angle measure is 4 x 180 /9 = 80 degrees and 5 x 180/9 = 100 degrees
- Area of a rhombus = Half of the product of its diagonals
Therefore, 180 = ½ (18 d)
18d = 180 x 2
d = 360/18 = 20