Squares and Square Roots – Class 8 /Maths
Chapter 6 of CBSE/NCERT Maths is about squares and square roots. Here in this lesson you can find out practice problems for this chapter.
CBSE CLASS 8 MATHEMATICS
Squares and Square Roots – Chapter 6/ Worksheets
Fill in the blanks:
- A perfect square number between 60 and 70 is ——————-
- If a number has 2 or 8 in the ones place then their square ends in ———–
- The number of zeroes in the square of 40 is ———-
- The square root of 196 is ————-
- The number of perfect squares between the squares of the numbers 12 and 13 is ———————
Answer the following:
- What will be the one’s digit in the square of the following numbers?
- The square of which of the following numbers would be an odd number/an even number?
- Without calculating the square roots, find the number of digits in the square root of the following numbers?
- What will be the number of zeros in the square of the following numbers?
- Is 90 a perfect square?
- a) 6
Because when a square number ends in 6, the number whose square it is, will have either 4 or 6 in unit’s place.
- a) Odd number
b) Even number
c) Odd number
d) Even number
- a) 3
- a) 2
- We have 90 = 2 x 3 x 3 x 5
The prime factors 2 and 5 do not occur in pairs. Therefore, 90 is not a perfect square.