Areas of Parallelograms and Triangles – Class 9.
Chapter 9 of NCERT/CBSE Class 9 is about Areas of parallelograms and Triangles. Here you can find out practice problems for this chapter.
CBSE CLASS 9 MATHEMATICS
Areas of Parallelograms and Triangles – Chapter 9/Sample Papers.
Fill in the blanks:
- Two figures are called ————-, if they have the same shape and the same shape.
- Parallelograms on the same base and between the same parallels are equal in ————-
- ————— of a parallelogram is the product of its base and the corresponding altitude.
- Area of a triangle is ——– the product of its base and the corresponding altitude.
- A — of a triangle divides it into two triangles of equal areas.
Answer the following:
- A triangle has an area of 24 square units. Base of the triangle is 6cm, find the measure of altitude?
- Find the area of a parallelogram whose base is 10 cm and corresponding altitude is 8 cm?
- A parallelogram has an area of 45 square cm and base of the parallelogram is 9cm.Find the corresponding altitude of parallelogram?
- Find the area of a triangle with base 12 cm and altitude 6 cm?
- If a triangle and a parallelogram are on same base and between same parallels, then find the ratio of the area of the triangle to the area of a parallelogram.
- Given area of a triangle = 24 square cm
Base = 6 cm
Area of a triangle = ½ bh
24 = ½ x 6h
48 = 6h
h = 48/6 = 8 cm.
- Given b = 10 cm, h = 8 cm
Area of a parallelogram = bh = 10 x 8 = 80 square cm.
- Given area of parallelogram = 45 square cm
Base = 9 cm
Area = bh
45 = 9h
h = 45/9 = 5 cm
- Given base = 12 cm and height = 6 cm
Area of a triangle = ½ bh = ½ x 12 x 6 = 36 square cm.
- Ratio of area of the triangle to the area of parallelogram is 1:2.