Basic Geometrical Ideas – Class 6.
Chapter 4 of NCERT/CBSE Class 6 Mathematics is about some basic geometrical ideas. Here in this lesson you can find practice problems for this chapter.
MODEL QUESTIONS FOR CLASS 6 MATHEMATICS
Basic Geometrical Ideas – Chapter 4
Choose the correct answer from the options given below:
- Beam of light from a light house is an example of ——–
A. Line segment
- How many lines can pass through one given point?
- How many lines can pass through two given points?
- Which is the least polygon?
- Two lines in a plane are said to be ——— if they do not meet.
Answer the following:
- Define the following terms:
- Write the number of sides in each of the following:
- Say true or false:
a) Lines which do not meet are said to be parallel.
b) A line segment has two end points.
c) A polygon is a simple closed figure made up entirely of line segments.
- Say yes or no:
a) Is every diameter of a circle also a chord?
b) Is every chord of a circle also a diameter?
- Fill in the blanks:
a) A diameter of a circle divides it into ———equal parts.
b) The diameter of a circle divides it into ——– semi circles.
- a) A chord of a circle is a line segment joining any two points on the circle.
b) A diameter is a chord passing through the centre of the circle.
c) A sector is the region in the interior of a circle enclosed by an arc on one side and a pair of radii on the other two sides.
d) A segment of a circle is a region in the interior of the circle enclosed by an arc and a chord.
- a) 3 sides
b) 4 sides
c) 5 sides
d) 6 sides
- a) True
- a) Yes
- a) Two