Probability – Chapter 15/Model Questions
Probability – Chapter 15/Expected Questions for CBSE Class 10 Mathematics is about the Model Questions that you can expect for Yearly Examination. Here you can find out practice problems for Class 10 Mathematics.
Probability – Chapter 15/Expected Questions for CBSE Class 10 Mathematics
Model Questions/Extra Questions for Practice
Answer the following:
- Probability of an impossible event is ————-
- The probability of an event which is sure to occur is ————-
- If P(E) = 0.05, what is the probability of ‘not E’?
Answer: We know that P(E)+ P(not E) = 1
So P(not E) = 1 – P(E) = 1- 0.05 = 0.95
- A box contains 6 red balls, 8 blue balls and 4 green balls. One ball is taken out of the box at random. What is the probability that the ball taken out will be
Total number of balls = 18
P(getting red) = 6/18 = 1/3
P(getting blue) = 8/18 = 4/9
P(getting green) = 4/18 = 2/9
- Two coins are tossed simultaneously. What is the probability of getting:
a) At least one head
b) At most one tail
c) A head and a tail
Answer: Number of all possible outcomes = (H, H), (T, H), (H, T), (T, T)
a) P(getting at least one head)= ¾
b) P(getting at most one tail) = ¾
c) P(a head and a tail) = 2/4 = ½
- Which of the following cannot be the probability of an event?
(0.05, ½, ¾, 5/3)
Probability of an event always lies between 0 and 1.
But 5/3 is greater than 1.
- If the probability of winning the game is 0.07, what is the probability of losing the game?
P(losing the game) = 1 – 0.07 = 0.93
- What is the probability that a number selected at random from the numbers 1, 2, 3, ———20 is a multiple of 3?
Answer: Multiples of 3 below 20 are 3, 6, 9, 12, 15, 18.
Total possible outcome = 20
P(getting a multiple of 3) = 6/20 = 3/10
- A card is drawn at random from a well shuffled pack of 52 cards. Find the probability of getting a red king?
Number of red kings = 2
P(getting a red king) = 2/52 = 1/26
- A single letter is selected at random from the word INDIA. What is the probability that the selected letter is a vowel?
Number of letters = 5
Number of vowels = 2
Required probability = 2/5