Jugs and Mugs – Class 4
CBSE CLASS 4 MATHEMATICS
Jugs and Mugs – Chapter 7/ Model Questions.
Answer the following:
- Neethu has to take 3 injections in a day for 5 days. One injection gives 5 ml of the medicine to your body.
a) How much medicine will she need for one day?
b) How much medicine in all for 5 days?
- List things we use more than one litre at a time?
- Amina’s water bottle holds one litre of water. She drank 250 ml of water and her friend Govind drank 150 ml. How much water is left in her bottle?
- Yusuf runs a tea shop. For making a glass of tea he uses 20 ml of milk. Yesterday he made 100 glasses of tea. How much milk did he use?
- Radha’s grandma was ill. The doctor gave her a bottle with 200 ml of medicine. She has to take the medicine every morning for 10 days. How many millilitres of medicine does she have to take every morning?
- The water used in one day by a family of 5 people is given below.
Cooking and drinking = 30litre
Washing clothes = 40 litre
Cleaning pots, pans = 20litre
Bathing = 75litre.
Find the total water used by them?
- If one litre of water is wasted in one hour, find out how much water is wasted in a day? In a week? In a month? In a year?
- A bottle can hold 3 litres of water. How much water will be there in 5 such bottles?
- Five small glasses of water are required to fill one bottle. How much glasses of water are required to fill such 5 bottles?
- Bottle A can holds 34 litres of water and bottle B holds half of bottle A. How much water required to fill bottle B?
- a) Quantity of medicine in one injection = 5 ml
Quantity of medicine in 3 injections = 3 x 5 = 15 ml
So medicine needed for 5 days = 15 ml
b) Medicine needed for 5 days = 15 x 5 = 75 ml
- For bathing, For washing clothes, For cleaning utensils, For washing our vehicles etc…..
- Water holds in the bottle = 1 litre = 1000 ml
Water drank by Amina and Govind = 250 + 150 = 400ml.
Water left in her bottle = 1000 – 400 = 600 ml.
- Milk used for making one glass of tea = 20 ml
Milk used for making 100 glasses of tea = 100 x 20 = 2000 ml = 2 litre.
- Quantity of medicine in the bottle for 10 days = 200 ml
Quantity of medicine taken by her in one day = 200/10 = 20 ml.
- Total = 30 + 40 + 20 + 75 = 165 litre.
- Water wasted in one hour = 1 litre
Water wasted in one day = 24 x 1 = 24 litre
Water wasted in one week = 24 x 7 = 168 litre
Water wasted in one month = 24 x 30 = 720 litre
Water wasted in one year = 720 x 12 = 8640 litre.
- Water can holds in one bottle = 3 litre
Quantity of water that can hold in 5 such bottles = 3 x 5 = 15 litre
- Water required to fill one bottle = 5 glasses
Water required to fill five such bottles = 5 x 5 = 25 glasses.
- Water holds in bottle A = 34 litres
Water holds in bottle B = Half of 34 = 17 litres.