The Fish Tale- Class 5
IMPORTANT QUESTIONS FOR CBSE CLASS 5 MATHEMATICS
The Fish Tale – Chapter 1
- The weight of Manu is 22 kg. So what will be the total weight of 12 such children put together?
- A log boat can travel about 6 km in one hour. How long will they take to go a distance of 30 km?
- Speed boats travel at the speed of 20 km in one hour. How far would the speed boats go in 5 and half hours?
- A motor boat can travel 20 km in one hour. How much time will they take to go 125 km?
- The speed of a long tail boat is 12 km per hour. About how far can a long tail boat go in 8 hours?
- If a fisherwoman save Rs 375 every month and puts it in the bank. How much money does the group of 20 collect each month?
- Sanu has Rs 500. He spends one-fourth of the money on prawns and three-fourth on kingfish. How much money he spends on prawns and kingfish?
- Mary took a loan of Rs 6000 to buy a net. She paid back Rs 525 every month for one year. How much money did she pay back to the Bank?
- Kiran took a loan of Rs 35000 to buy a laptop. He paid back a total of Rs 38,400 in one year. How much did he pay back every month?
- When fresh fish is dried it becomes 1/3 its weight. If we need 4 kg dried fish , how much fresh fish is needed?
- The weight of Manu = 22 kg
Total weight of 12 such children = 12 x 22 = 264 kg.
- Speed of the log boat = 6 km/hour.
Time taken to cover a distance of 30 km = 30/6 = 5 hours.
- Speed of the speed boats = 20 km/ hour.
Distance travelled in 5 hours = 20 x 5 = 100 km
Distance travelled in half hours = ½ x 20 = 10 km
Therefore distance travelled in 5 and half hours = 100 + 10 = 110 km.
- Speed of Motor boat = 20 km/ hour.
Time taken to cover 120 km = 120/20 = 6 hours.
Time taken to cover 5 km = 15 minutes.
Time taken to cover 125 km = 6 hours 15 minutes.
- Speed of a long tail boat = 12 km/hour.
Distance can travel in 8 hours = 12 x 8 = 96 km.
- Savings in each month = Rs 375
Savings of 20 fisherwomen = 375 x 20 = Rs 7500.
- Money spends on prawns = ¼ of 500 = Rs 125
Money spends on kingfish = ¾ of 500 = Rs 375.
- Money paid back in every month = Rs 425
Money paid back in one year = 525 x 12 = Rs 6300.
- Amount paid back in one year = Rs 38400
Amount paid back in every month = 38400/12 = Rs 3200.
- To get 4 kg dried fish, we need 12 kg fresh fish.