CBSE Class 10 Maths Triangles Chapter 6 MCQ
CBSE CLASS 10 MATHEMATICS / MCQ
Multiple Choice Questions/ TRIANGLES – Chapter 6
1. Two figures are said to be ————–, if they have the same shape and the same size.
2. Two figures having the same shape and not necessarily the same size are called————–
A. Similar figures
B. Congruent figures
C. Equal figures
3. Which of the following statements is false?
A. All congruent figures are similar
B. The similar figures need not be congruent.
C. All similar figures are congruent
4. All circles are ————–
5. All ————– triangles are similar.
6. Two polygons of the same number of sides are similar, if their corresponding angles are ———– and their corresponding sides are ————
A. equal, proportional
B. equal, equal
C. Proportional, equal
7. The ratio of any two corresponding sides in two equilateral triangles is always the ———————
8. In a right triangle, the square of the hypotenuse is ———– to the sum of the squares of the other two sides.
9. In a triangle, if square of one side is equal to the sum of the squares of the other two sides, then the angle opposite the first side is a —————
A. Acute angle
B. Obtuse angle
C. Right angle
10. In a rectangle length = 4 cm, breadth = 3 cm. Then its diagonal is ————
A. 5 cm
C. 7 cm
11. If a line is drawn parallel to one side of a triangle to intersect the other two sides in distinct points, the other two sides are divided in the same ratio. This theorem is called ——————
A. Gauss Theorem
B. Pythagoras Theorem
C. Thales Theorem (Basic Proportionality Theorem)
12. In two triangles ABC and PQR, <A = <P = 60, <B = <Q = 80, <C = <R = 40.The similarity criterion used here is —————
13. Sides of triangles are given below. Which of them are right angles?
A. 7 cm, 24 cm, 25 cm
B. 3 cm, 8 cm, 6 cm
C. 50 cm, 80 cm, 100cm
14. The ratio of the area of two similar triangles is equal to the ————- of the ratio of the corresponding sides.
15. A ladder is placed against a wall such that its foot is at a distance of 2.5 m from the wall and its top reaches a window 6m above the ground. The length of the ladder is —————-
A. 6.5 m
B. 6 m
C. 5.5 m
2. Similar figures
3. All similar figures are congruent
6. Equal, proportional
9. Right angle
10. 5 cm
11. Basic proportionality theorem
13. 7 cm, 24 cm, 25 cm
15. 6.5 m (Use Pythagoras Theorem)