Class 5 Maths How Many Squares | Important Questions
IMPORTANT QUESTIONS FOR CBSE EXAMINATION
CLASS 5 MATHEMATICS
HOW MANY SQUARES – Lesson 3
Fill in the blanks (1 mark):
1. A square with 1 cm length will have an area of ——————
2. Area of a square with side 2 m is ——————square metres.
3. Length of a boundary is called —————-
4. Measure of the space enclosed in a plane figure is called ————–
5. The area of a square is 81 square cm. The length of one side is —————
Answer the following (2marks):
6. Find the perimeter and area of the figure by counting the square.
7. Draw lines and divide the figure into parts having equal area as two triangles.
8. Draw your own tile pattern using triangles.
9. Complete the shapes as directed:
Draw two more sides so that the area is 8 square cm.
10. Draw one straight line in the following rectangle to divide it into two equal triangles. What is the area of each of the triangles?
1. 1 square cm
2. 4 square meters
5. 9 cm
6. Perimeter = 12 cm
Area = 9 square cm
Total number of squares = 20
Area of each triangles = 10 squares.