Data Handling – Class 8.
Chapter 5 of NCERT/CBSE Class 8 Mathematics is about Data Handling. Here in this lesson you can find out practice problems for this chapter.
CBSE CLASS 8 MATHEMATICS
Data Handling – Chapter 5 / Model Questions.
Fill in the blanks:
- A die is thrown once. The probability of getting prime number is approximately ———-
- A die is thrown once. The probability of getting a number greater than 4 is ————
- Each outcome of an experiment or a collection of outcomes make an —————
- Groups 0-20, 20-40, 40-60 ……are called ————-
- The graphical representation of data in which bar of equal width with no gaps in between is called —————
Answer the following:
- What is the probability of getting a ball which is not black from a basket containing 3 black, 5 yellow, 3 red and 4 blue balls.
- A bag has 2 red balls and 4 yellow balls. The balls are identical in all respects other than colour. A ball is drawn from the bag without looking into the bag. What is the probability of getting a red ball?
- When a coin is tossed, what is the probability of getting a tail?
- There are 20 boys and 15 girls are there in a class of 35 students. If chosen randomly what is the probability that the student is a
- Find the probability of getting a prime number from a group of numbers 1 to 20?
- Class intervals.
- Total number of balls = 3 + 5 + 3 + 4 = 15
Number of balls which are not black = 5 + 3 + 4 = 12
Probability = 12/15 = 4/5.
- There are in all 2 + 4 = 6 outcomes of the event. Getting a red ball consists of 2 outcomes.
Therefore, the probability of getting a red ball is 2/6 = 1/3.
In the same way the probability of getting a yellow ball = 4/6 = 2/3.
- The possible outputs are H and T.
The probability of getting tail is ½.
- Total number of students = 20 + 15 = 35
a) Probability that a student is a boy = 20/35 = 4/7
Probability that a student is a girl = 15/35 = 3/7
- There are 8 prime numbers between 1 and 20.
Therefore, probability of getting a prime number = 8/20 = 2/5.