Class 5 Maths | Ways To Multiply And Divide Practice Problems
Here are some practice problems for the chapter Ways to Multiply and Divide. Text book solutions of this chapter can be found here.
Ways to Multiply and Divide| Practice Problems
1. There 12 chocolates in a box. How many chocolates are there in 8 boxes?
2. A shopkeeper sells 128 litres of milk in a day. How many litres of milk can he sell in the month of June?
3. If the cost of one mobile phone is 13500, find the cost of one dozen mobile phones?
4. A bag holds 28 apples. How many apples can fit in 120 such bags?
5. Ganesh has 210 chocolates with him. He divided these chocolates to his 7 friends. How much did each one get?
6. The cost of 1 dozen eggs is Rs 60. What is the cost of 1 egg?
7. A tray can hold 8 glasses of milk. How many trays are required to keep 480 glasses?
8. Renu drinks 8 glasses of water every day. How many glasses of water will she drink in one year?
9. There are 720 cement bags in a godown. If each bag weighs 96 kg, find the total weight of these bags?
10. One kg of apple costs Rs 360. What will be the cost of 12 kg of apples?
1. Number of chocolates in one box = 12
Number of chocolates in 8 boxes = 12 x 8 = 96
2. Amount of milk sold in one day = 128 litres
Amount of milk sold in the month of June = 128 x 30 = 3840 litres
3. Cost of one mobile phone = Rs 13500
Cost of one dozen mobile phones = 13500 x 12 =Rs 162000
4. Number of apples hold in one bag = 28
Number of apples hold in 120 such bags = 120 x 28 = 3360
5. Total number of chocolates = 210
Number of chocolates each one will get = 210 /7 =30
6. Cost of one dozen egg = Rs 60
Cost of one egg = 60 /12 =Rs 5
7. Number of glasses that can hold in one tray = 8
Number of trays required to keep 480 glasses = 60
8. Amount of water drinks in one day = 8 glasses
Amount of water drinks in one year = 8 x 365 = 2920 glasses
9. Number of cement bags in a godown = 720
Weight of each bag = 96 kg
Total weight of these bags = 720 x 96 = 69120
10. Cost of one kg apple = Rs 360
Cost of 12 kg apple = 360 x 12 = Rs 4320