Class 6 Mathematics | Basic Geometrical Ideas Expected Questions And Practice Problems
Fill in the blanks:
1. A line segment has ——- end points.
2. Two distinct lines meeting at a point are called—————
3. Two lines in a plane are said to be ———- if they do not meet.
4. A six sided polygon is called ————-
5. A simple closed curve made up of line segments are called————-
6. A line segment joining any two points on the circle is called ————–
7. A chord passing through the centre of the circle is called ———–
8. The diameter of a circle divides it into —– semi circles.
9. A ———- is the region in the interior of a circle enclosed by an arc on one side and a pair of radii on the other two sides.
10. A ——- of a circle is a region in the interior of the circle enclosed by an arc and a chord.
Answer the following:
11. Is every diameter of a circle also a chord?
12. Is every chord of a circle also a diameter?
Say true or false:
13. Two diameters of a circle will necessarily intersect.
14. The centre of a circle is always in its interior.
15. A five sided polygon is called a pentagon.
2. Intersecting lines