Model MCQ for Class 9 Maths.
CBSE CLASS 9 MATHEMATICS Model MCQ is about expected multiple choice questions from the chapters Number systems, Polynomials, Co ordinate geometry and Linear equations in two variables.
CBSE CLASS 9 MATHEMATICS
Model MCQ for Half Yearly Exam
Choose the correct answer from the options given below:
- There are ———- rational numbers between any two given rational numbers.
A. Infinitely many
C. Exactly one
- If x and y are any two rational numbers, then x + y is a ——— number.
- The decimal expansion of 47/1000 is —–
- The decimal which represents the fraction 4/5 is ——
- Which of the following has terminating decimal expansions?
- All the rational and irrational numbers make up the collection of —— numbers.
- A ——- polynomial has one and only one zero.
- Number of zeroes in a cubic polynomial is ——
- The highest power of a variable in a polynomial is called the ——— of polynomial.
- The polynomial containing three non-zero terms is called ———-
- The abscissa of every point on the y axis is ——-
- Which of the following points lie on x axis?
A. (0, -2)
B. (6, 4)
C. (-2, 0)
- The point at which the two coordinate axes meet is called ——
- Which of the following is a point which lies in the second quadrant?
A. (3, 4)
B. (-3, 4)
C. (3, -4)
- The point (-3, -2) lies in the ——- quadrant.
A. I quadrant
B. II quadrant
C. III quadrant
- The reflection of the points (-5, -6) in y axis is ———-
A. (5, -6)
B. (5, 6)
C. (-5, 6)
- Linear equation in two variables has ——-solutions.
B. Infinitely many
C. Only one
- The equation x = 3 in two variables can be written as ——
A. 0x + 1y = 3
B. 1x + 0y = 3
C. x + y = 3
- The cost of a notebook is twice the cost of a pen. Write a linear equation in two variables to represent this statement?
A. x – 2y = 0
B. x + 2y = 0
C. x – y = 0
- Which of the following options is true?
Y = 3x + 5 has ———–
A. a unique solution
B. only two solutions
C. infinitely many solutions
- Check which of the following are solutions of the equation x – 2y = 4.
A. (0, 2)
B. (2, 0)
C. (4, 0)
- The graph of every linear equation in two variables is a ———–
B. Straight line
- If (0, 4) is a solution of the linear equation x + 2y = k, then the value of k is ——
- If a linear equation has solutions (0, 0), (-2, 2) and (2, -2) then the equation is ——-
A. x – y = 0
B. x + y = 0
C. 2x – y = 0
- The graph of x = a is a straight line parallel to the ——— axis
A. x axis
B. y axis
C. None of these.
- Infinitely many
- (-2, 0)
- (-3, 4)
- III quadrant
- (5, -6)
- Infinitely many
- 1x + 0y = 3
- x – 2y = 0
- Infinitely many solutions
- (4, 0)
- Straight line
- x + y = 0
- y axis