Mensuration/Perimeter & Area/ CBSE Class 6 Mathematics Worksheet
Mensuration/Perimeter & Area is about the practice problems that you can expect for Yearly Examination. Here you can find out practice problems for Class 6 Mathematics. This worksheet is designed for CBSE Class 6 Students.
CBSE Class 6 Mathematics Extra Questions for Practice
Mensuration/Perimeter & Area – Worksheet
Fill in the blanks:
- The perimeter of a square is 40 cm. The length of each side of the square is ————–
- The side of a square with area 25 sq. cm is —————–
- The perimeter of a square of side 1 cm is —————
- The side of a square with perimeter 100cm is ————–
- The area of a rectangle whose length and breadth are 20cm and 10cm respectively ———————–
Answer the following:
- Find the perimeter of a regular hexagon with each side measuring 5m?
- Find the perimeter of a triangle with sides measuring 10cm, 12 cm and 20cm?
- The area of a rectangle is 120 sq.cm. If its length is 20cm, find the breadth?
- Find the cost of fencing a rectangular park of length 30m and breadth 20m at the rate of 30 rupees per metre?
- Aparna walks around a square park whose side is 75m. She takes 5 rounds daily. How much distance does she cover in all?
- Manu has a rectangular garden of length 45m and width 20m. How much fencing will he need to enclose the garden?
- The floor area of a room is to be tiled with a square tile of side 10cm. If the length of the room is 750cm and breadth is 500m, find the number of tiles needed?
- Two sides of a triangle are 15cm and 20cm respectively. If perimeter of a triangle is 50cm, find the length of third side?
- Find the cost of fencing a square park of side 200m at the rate of 25 rupees per meter?
- Find the area of a rectangular playground of length 12m and breadth 8m?
- Perimeter = 40 cm
Length of each side = 40/4 = 10cm
- Area = 25 sq. cm
Length of each side = 5cm
- Perimeter of a square = 4 x side = 4 x 1 = 4 sq.cm
- Perimeter = 100 cm
Length of each side = 100/4 = 25 cm
- Area of a rectangle = l x b = 20 x 10 = 200 sq.cm.
- Perimeter of a regular hexagon = 6 x side = 6 x 5 = 30 m
- Perimeter = 10 + 12 + 20 = 42 cm
- Area = 120 sq. cm
Length = 20cm
Breadth = 120/20 = 6cm
- Perimeter = 2 (l + b) = 2 (30 + 20) = 2 x 50 = 100 m
Cost of fencing = 100 x 30 = 3000 rupees
- Perimeter of a square = 4 x side = 4 x 75 = 300m
If she takes 5 rounds daily, total distance covered = 300 x 5 = 1500m
- Perimeter = 2 (l + b) = 2 (45 + 20) = 2 x 65 = 130m
- Area of square tile = side x side = 10 x 10 = 1000 sq. cm
Area of the floor = 750 x 500 = 375000 sq. cm
Number of tiles needed = 375000/1000 = 375
- Perimeter = 50cm
Length of third side = 50 – (15 + 20) = 50 – 35 = 15 cm
- Perimeter = 4 x side = 4 x 200 = 800m
Cost of fencing = 800 x 25 = 20000 rupees
- Area of a rectangle = l x b = 12 x 8 = 96 sq. m