Mensuration- CBSE Class 6 Mathematics/Worksheet
Mensuration- CBSE Class 6 Mathematics is about the extra questions that you can expect for Yearly Examination. Here you can find out practice problems for Class 6 Mathematics. This worksheet is designed for CBSE Class 6 students.
Mensuration – CBSE Class 6 Mathematics
Extra Questions for Practice/Model Questions
Fill in the blanks:
- The area of a square of side 25 cm is ————
- The perimeter of an equilateral triangle of side 8cm is —————
- The area of a rectangle of length 20cm and breadth 5cm is ——–
- The area of a square is 49 sq. m. Length of each side is ——–
- The perimeter of an isosceles triangle of equal side 6cm and third side 8 cm is ————-
Answer the following:
- The perimeter of a triangle is 20cm. The lengths of two sides are 6cm and 8cm. Find the length of third side?
- Find the cost of fencing a rectangular garden of length 50m and breadth 30m at the rate of 24 rupees per metre?
- The perimeter of a square is 72cm. Find the length of each side?
- Find the perimeter of a square of side 24 cm?
- Find the cost of cementing a rectangular floor of length 7m and breadth 6m at the rate of 50 rupees per metre?
- The perimeter of an equilateral is 60cm, what is the length of each side?
- Rohit takes 5 rounds of a rectangular park, 40m length and 25m width. Find the total distance covered by him?
- The area of a rectangular garden 20m long is 420 sq. m find the width of the garden?
- A piece of string 80cm long is bent to form a regular pentagon. Find the length of each side?
- Find the length of each side of a regular hexagon of perimeter 36m?
Answers with Explanation:
- Area of a square = Side x Side = 25 x 25 = 625 sq. cm
- Perimeter of an equilateral triangle = 3 x side = 3 x 8 = 24 cm
- Area of a rectangle = l x b = 20 x 5 = 100 sq. cm
- Area of a square = Side x Side = 7 x 7 = 49 sq. m
- Perimeter = 6 + 6 + 8 = 20cm
- Perimeter = 20 cm
Sum of the lengths of two sides = 6 + 8 = 14cm
Length of third side = 20 – 14 = 6cm
- Perimeter = 2 x (l + b) = 2 x (50 + 30) = 2 x 80 = 160m
Cost of fencing = 160 x 24 = 3840 rupees
- Perimeter = 72cm
Length of each side = 72/4 = 18cm
- Perimeter of a square = 4 x side = 4 x 24 = 96cm
- Area of a rectangle = l x b = 7 x 6 = 42 sq. m
Cost of cementing = 42 x 50 = 2100 rupees
- Length of each side = 60/3 = 20cm
- Perimeter of a rectangle = 2 x (l + b)
= 2 x (40 + 25) = 2 x 65 = 130m
Total distance covered by him = 130 x 5 = 650 m
- Area = 420 sq. m
Length = 20m
Width = 420/20 = 21m
- Perimeter = 80cm
Length of each side = 80/5 = 16cm
- Perimeter = 36m
Length of each side = 36/6 = 6m