Class 9 Maths Areas Of Parallelograms And Triangles | MCQ
CBSE CLASS 9 MATHEMATICS / MCQ | Multiple Choice Questions / Areas of Parallelograms and Triangles
1. Area of a parallelogram is the ————- of its base and the corresponding altitude.
2. Area of a triangle is ——– the product of its base and the corresponding altitude.
C. One third
3. A median of a triangle divides it into ———– triangles of equal areas.
4. Two —————- figures have equal areas but the converse need not be true.
5. Parallelograms on the same base and between the same parallels are ——- in area.
B. One third
6. Two triangles on the same base and between the same parallels are ——– inarea.
B. One third
7. In a parallelogram diagonals divide the parallelogram into ———- equaltriangles.
8. Two parallelograms ABCD and PQRS are on the same base and between thesame parallels. Given ar( PQRS) = 20 sq. cm, then ar (ABCD) is ——– sq.cm.
9. If a parallelogram and a triangle are on the same base and between same parallel, then the ratio of areas of parallelogram to the area of triangle is——
A. 1: 1
C. 1: 2
10. The figure obtained by joining the mid points of the adjacent sides of a rectangle of sides 10 cm and 5 cm is ————-
A. A rectangle of area 25 sq. cm
B. A rhombus of area 25 sq. cm
C. A trapezium of area 25 sq. cm
11. If two parallelograms are on the same base and between same parallel then the ratio of their areas is ———
A. 1: 1
B. 1: 2
C. 2: 1
12. The area of a triangle is 32 sq. cm. If its base is 4 cm, the corresponding altitude is ————
A. 32 sq. cm
B. 16 sq. cm
C. 8 sq. cm
13. The base and corresponding altitude of a parallelogram are 9 cm and 4 cm respectively then its area is ————
A. 36 sq. cm
B. 18 sq. cm
C. 9 sq. cm
14. If E, F, G and H are respectively the mid points of the sides of a parallelogram ABCD, then ar (EFGH) = ————
A. ar (ABCD)
B. ½ ar (ABCD)
C. ¼ ar(ABCD)
15. In a triangle ABC, E is the midpoint of median AD, then ar(BED) = ————
A. ½ ar (ABC)
B. ¼ ar(ABC)
C. ar (ABC)
8. 20 sq. cm
9. 2: 1
10. A rhombus of area 25 sq. cm
11. 1: 1
12. 16 cm
13. 36 sq. cm
14. ½ ar(ABCD)
15. ¼ ar(ABC)